What goes into a Stephen’s Backpacks Backpack?
“We’ve got stuff…they don’t got stuff…why don’t we put stuff in backpacks and give it to them” so eloquently relayed to then Premier of Alberta Ed Stelmach by SBPs Director Dorothy Halley as she explained Stephen’s straight forward logic. You can help children in need by DONATING NEW STUFF or by GETTING INVOLVED to pack stuff.
Christmas Backpacks 2012 is ACTIVE NOW
|Click here for current volunteering opportunities and
new product donation drop off locations.
Each backpack is age and gender appropriate from infant to 18 years and is filled to overflowing with new items only. Some items like blankets, scarves, mittens and hats are lovingly homemade while the rest is store bought and/or donated. For a detailed list by age group please Email the Director.
- Backpack – size appropriate for age
- Mitts/ gloves/ hats/ toques/ scarves
- Teething accessories/ formula/ baby food/ Baby and Mom hygiene items
- Books/ coloring books and crayons/ games/ toys/ stuffed animal toy/ puzzles/ cards
- School Supplies/ rulers/ pencils/ pens/ erasers/ binders/ loose leaf paper/ calculators/
- Blanket/ clothes/ Pyjamas/ slippers/ socks
- Flashlight/ batteries/ radio/ alarm clock
- Hygiene items/ soap/ facecloths/ toothpaste/ toothbrush/ dental floss/ face cream/ teenage gender appropriate hygiene items
- Jewellery/ mirrors/
- Candy Bag/ gift certificates/